Eight main roads in the Western Metropolitan Region are getting improved and upgraded. Over 260 km of road from Footscray to Werribee is being maintained.
The $1.8 billion Western Roads Upgrade will improve the roads and bridges across the Western Metropolitan Region. It includes a 20-year maintenance contract, due to be completed in 2021.
Eight Road Upgrades
These upgrades are preparing the Western Metropolitan Region for its growth.
The eight priority roads are
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road, Point Cook
- Palmers Road and Robinsons Road, Truganina
- Derrimut Road, Tarneit
- Leakes Road, Truganina
- Dohertys Road, Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Parade, Laverton North
- Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
- Duncans Road Interchange, Werribee and Werribee South
For more information click here.