Families in Point Cook and Western Suburbs can now be confident that care is just around the corner. Under the re-elected Andrews Labor government, Labor will invest $675 million to build and upgrade ten community hospitals across the state, including one in Point Cook.
Healthcare delivery in the Western Metropolitan Region will be transformed completely, providing more access to in-demand services. With the new Point Cook Community Hospital, our healthcare staff will be able to take care of your loved ones, closer to home.
Specific site, hours, and scope of services will be determined with Western Health and other potential delivery partners. Construction is expected to commence in 2022 and be completed by 2024.
DEDICATED CARE FOR LOCAL KIDS
The youngest population of Point Cook will also benefit from dedicated services including services to provide 1,400 maternal and child health checks each year. Paediatric care will also be offered including allied health services such as physiotherapy, podiatry, speech pathology, audiology, nutrition and dietetics, child and youth psychology.
Family and early childhood services will also support local families, with immunisation services providing over 2,500 early years and school age immunisations for local kids.
MORE LOCAL SERVICES
The facility will include an extensive range of public health, and urgent care services during the week and out-of-hours including:
- diagnostic services, including pathology and imaging
- pharmacy services public dental services, including four dental chairs to treat around 2,800 people every year
- chronic disease management
- community mental health assessment
- alcohol and other drug support services
- day surgery
- dialysis and support for both home patients and those who receive centre-based dialysis
- community-based palliative care, chemotherapy and rehabilitation services
- general practice including primary care nursing
- women’s health, including sexual health and family planning
- family and early childhood services
- family violence support services